A leading outside broadcast facilities provider, we are a global company with our head office in Watford. We are currently looking to recruit an IT Support Engineer with some previous exposure to IT operations and ready to make their next move.
In this role, you will work as part of a small team of 6 people, where you will be assisting 200+ users globally with their day to day IT operations. You will have demonstrable first-hand experience in providing first or second line support to users of a predominately Microsoft based environment.
- First & Second Line support
- Record, prioritise and manage all requests and incidents reported
- Provide user support for computer related queries and basic server and network functions
- Maintain documentation with incremental updates and process changes
- Create end user guides
- Assist with the effective planning and development of the IT infrastructure
- Carry out daily, weekly and monthly monitoring and maintenance tasks as required
- Demonstrable experience in providing first or second line support to users in a predominately Microsoft based environment, such as Microsoft Office and Windows Operating systems
- Ability to effectively communicate both in writing and verbally
- Educated to a minimum of GCSE level
- MS Office 2010/2016, Windows 7/10
- Microsoft Server 2008/2016
- You will be passionate and knowledgeable about emerging IT technologies
- Logical approach to problem solving and an eye for detail
As a support position it is essential that the role provides support for the business’s UK operating hours – 0900 – 1800 hrs, Monday – Friday. Given that the role provides some global support, a degree of flexibility around these hours will be required on occasions.
If you feel you match the requirements for this role, please send your CV and a covering letter with the reference (ITSE0418) in the subject heading to us at email@example.com. Your covering letter should outline why you feel you would be a successful candidate for the role.
The closing date for applications is 18th May 2018.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications that we are expecting, we will not be able to respond to all applications. Therefore, should you not hear from us within 4 weeks of the date of submitting your application, please consider your application unsuccessful.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE